Uttarakhand State has come into being at a time when its extraordinarily well-placed to benefit from the new information economy. It is able to play by the rules of the new era and is responsive to the demands of the global services economy, which when it seeks the best locations for itself looks for several factors. If a clean and pollution-free environment is going to serve as a competitive advantage it stands to reason that the new state will do everything it can to promote it. This might include a programme to encourage cleaner, environment-friendly transportation systems and efforts at large scale afforestation.
The State has population of 84.809 approx. The literacy rate is 72% . The city is beautifully surrounded with 70% land under forest. The GDP is INR 126593.3 Millions. The NDP is INR 113420 Millions. The state has an unique Ecosystems diverse Flora and Fauna, Sanctuaries, Wildlife Parks etc. There are roughly 56 banks with 1036 branches.
- Concessional Industrial Package Announced
- 100% Excise Exemption for ten years
- 100% Income Tax Exemption for five years thereafter tapering exemption for next five years
- Capital Investment Subsidy at the rate of 15% with a maximum of Rs.30 Lacs
- Transport Subsidy extended till 2007 for transportation between the nearest rail head and unit
- State Interest Incentives for SSI & Thurst Industries in remote areas
- Industrial status to Tourism, IT, BT & Floriculture granted
- Price preference for SSI located in Uttarakhand, Purchase preference for the non SSI’s industries
- Matching subsidy for Horticulture, Food Processing & Floriculture units being financed under Schemes of APEDA, NMPB
- CST @ 1% with an investment cap
- A consortium of Banks & Financial Institutions is in place
- Venture capital funds are also being tied up.
- Hydro Power Resource: Potential powerhouse of the Nation. Only 9% of the total hydro power potential has been tapped till now. Abundant & uninterrupted quality power at most competitive rates of Rs. 1.90 per unit to HT consumers.
The state has significant hydro-potential (15,000 MW) of which only 1124 MW has been realised.
- Tourism Potential Unmatched: Mountain, leisure, Spiritual, Adventure, Religious, Eco-traditional and high-end tourism along with related services
- Proactive Government rolling out red carpet for investors and promoters leading to no delay in transactions
- Internet Connectivity: Hi bandwidth connectivity, STPI earth station, educated and trained manpower. Upto 2 Mbps connectivity free for one year dor IT & ITES projects
- Industrial Land: Industrial land and plots are available across the table in various designated Industrial Estates including private sector Industrial Estates
- Thurst Industries can be located outside these Estates anywhere in the State subject to local land and zoning regulations
- Good Quality of Life: Healthy climate and Pollution free environment with world class socio economic infrastructure
- Major Climate Zones in close Geographical proximity
- Trained man power with major institutes of learning & research are available in the state
- Close proximity to the major markets. Airports are being expanded to take wide bodied aircrafts. Rail & road networks are being strengthened
- Udyog Mitra: State level facilitation body set up under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble CM & District level Udyog Mitra under respective District Magistrates. High power committees for clearance at state level under Chief Secretary & District level under respective District Magistrates
- New Industrial Policy with wide range of Fiscal and Non-Fiscal incentives is announced
- Land Bank: A dedicated land bank being created to provide land for projects across the table
- 175 species of Medicinal Herbs found in Uttarakhand
- Peaceful and Secure Industrial Environment
Source : www.ibef.org